Women around the Player seem to get angry at each other a lot, rather than at him, and sometimes get into physical confrontations. These tensions work out well for him, diverting attention from his infidelity and dishonesty. He sets up this dynamic with some combination of the following tactics:
1. He knows how to make each woman feel that she’s the special one and yet at the same time keep her off balance, so that she never feels quite sure of where she stands with him.
2. He tells each one that the others are lying about their involvements with him because they are jealous of her, or because he turned them down, or because he used to be involved with them but isn’t anymore.
3. He tells each one stories about how other women have mistreated him, or shares other bits of information—largely invented—to make previous, or current, women in his life sound conniving, vindictive or addicted to substances.
4. He breaks up with women and gets back together with them, so that no one can keep track of what’s going on.
5. He includes one or two women in his circle who feel unattractive, because he knows he can have more power over them, and manipulates them into hating the women who are see as more attractive.
If this is your partner’s style, you won’t necessarily ever be sure whether he is really having sex with other women or if he just flirts because he enjoys the attention and likes you to feel threatened. He may hotly deny that he ever cheats and try to turn the tables by accusing you of being too suspicious. But even if he’s telling the truth—which he probably isn’t—his constant flirtatious behavior can be as damaging as actual affairs. Either way, he will damage your other relationships, because you will start to perceive any woman as a potential threat to you. If he has a history of hitting on women who are close to you, such as your sister or best friend, you can end up isolated from the women you care about most, because you’re afraid he will have affairs with them unless you keep them away.
Why Does He Do That? Inside the Minds of Angry and Controlling Men by Lundy Bancroft (via thechocolatebrigade)
I don’t do the polyvangelizing thing much but I think it’s really bizarre that it would even matter whether the guy described here was sleeping with someone else. It doesn’t make the abuse not abuse, and the abuse is several orders of magnitude worse than the infidelity. It’s another example of the weirdness created by the monogamy ideal.
“Pinterest hosts thousands of tutorials for becoming beautiful. In one day, I tried all of them.” — Kristi Harrison
#4. Use Concealer to Conceal Your Humanity
Unless you live in a never-ending loop of tribal initiation rituals, you probably aren’t seeing many women walking around with different colored lines on their faces. That’s because the next step after applying the concealer is blending it in so the unsuspecting public never knows you’re face-tricking them. My friend Katie Willert made the observation that once you’ve applied your makeup in this particular pattern, there’s no reason to blend. After all, why bother with a skinnier face when you can shoot for LION? It’s a great point, but once I put on the contouring makeup, I felt less like a lion and more like a clown melting in the sun.
Would totes bang the eyelashes in that tutorial
boy, blowjobs sure are a mouthful
jeez, that pun was hard for me to swallow
Good that you licked it in the end though.
I was all set to be snarky about this, but I think Neil did well enough on his own.
whoops my my hand slipped
THIS IS WHAT ANARCHY LOOKS LIKE.
Hope for the future.
This kid is incredible.
THIS POST IS BACK ON MY DASH AND I WILL NEVER NOT REBLOG ANARCHIST LIBRARIAN KID.
They banned Mort?
I. AM. FUCKING. DEAD.
Oh so it’s true to the book then
"was that awkward eye contact or were we checking eachother out" - a life story
Source: Washington Post
Page 1 of 293